Saturday, November 21, 2009

Fibonacci Scarf


Here's a quick and easy crochet pattern for a Fibonacci-striped scarf for the mathematically-oriented. It is worked entirely in single crochet. Colors will be changed at the end of the row and the ends will be woven in or crocheted over. Long and wide, it's cuddly enough for the coldest winds.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibonacci_number


Difficulty - Really Easy
Hook - I
Yarn - 2 skeins, worsted weight 100% cotton Color A
2 skeins, worsted weight 100% cotton Color B (I used "I love this cotton")

Row 1 - In color A - ch 31, sc in 2nd sc from hook, sc across. ch 1, turn.
Row 2 - Color B - sc across. (30 st) ch 1, turn.
(sc across, ch 1, turn) in the following pattern:
Color A - 2 rows
Color B - 3 rows
Color A - 5 rows
Color B - 8 rows
Color A - 13 rows
Color B - 21 rows
Color A - 34 rows
Color B - 55 rows
Color A - 34 rows
Color B - 21 rows
Color A - 13 rows
Color B - 8 rows
Color A - 5 rows
Color B - 3 rows
Color A - 2 rows
Color B - 1 row
Color A - 1 row
Finish with one knot of 4-strand fringe on each sc, if desired.

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your pattern on ravelry and this is PERFECT for the scarf my husband wants. Thanks so much for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really nice easy to follow pattern that works for all school colors...I did yellow and black for Iowa. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it! Looking for a man scarf pattern for my brother in law. He's not mathematically minded, but I am. I may have to make this for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Thanks for posting this pattern. I made one of these awhile back, but saw your directions and wanted to link it to my blog. Hope you don't mind. It's saintolive.blogspot.com and the exact link is saintolive.blogspot.com/2013/02/first-comes-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very awesome! Especially for somebody like myself who understands and appreciates Fibonacci sequence. Thank you very much! Already I crochet according to the Fibonacci sequence but I have never tried this. Thanks again! Greatly appreciated

    ReplyDelete