Sunday, March 28, 2010

240 hdc


At a total of just 240 half-double crochet stitches, this little hat should fit a toddler. (16" hat circumference)

Initial ch 2 counts as the first hdc.

Hook - M (9.0mm)
Yarn - 1 skein variegated super bulky (I used Encore Mega Colorspun)

Hat
hdc 6 into magic loop & pull tight.
Round 1 - ch 2, 1 hdc in same st, *2 hdc in each hdc* around. (12 st)
Round 2 - ch 2, *2 hdc in next hdc, 1 hdc in next hdc* around (18 st)
Round 3 - ch 2, *2 hdc in next hdc, 1 hdc in next 2 hdc* around (24 st)
Round 4 - ch 2, *2 hdc in next hdc, 1 hdc in next 3 hdc* around (30 st)
Round 5-9 - ch 2, hdc around. (30 st)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks this is exactly what I was looking for it has turned out great :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Help! I teach kindergarten in a low socio-economic school. I decided that I would make hats for all my 22 kids for Christmas this year. I have a ton of chunky yarn, so I thought I would use up a lot of that in addition to the typical yarn for hats. How do I adapt this to fit a 5-6 year old head?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete